VisualCreatures, an AGBO subsidiary, is an artist-focused full-service visualization company and creative R&D field lab specializing in end-to-end virtual production for film, television, advertising, and interactive productions. VisualCreatures partners with storytellers to deliver their vision through the efficient use of cutting-edge virtual and real-time production technology and innovative techniques. The company’s virtual production stage is serviced by a team of experts with decades of virtual production, visual effects, and engineering experience. Being a part of VisualCreatures, along with having firsthand collaboration with shaping the AGBO universe, means having the opportunity to be part of some of the most exciting and groundbreaking entertainment ventures.
The Real-time Asset Artist will create content for high quality projects using the Unreal Engine. The ideal candidate must have extensive knowledge of the Unreal Engine and be proficient in Concepting, Set Design, Layout, Modeling, Surfacing, Basic Rigging, and Optimizing assets. The Artist will have an excellent artistic eye for detail when creating high quality assets and demonstrates proactive collaboration and communication with the entire team.
This is an Expression of Interest role.
- Develop CG assets with an emphasis on matching the look of realistic practical assets, while working within the production schedule and meeting established deadlines.
- Proficiency in Concepting, Set Design, Layout, Modeling, Surfacing, Basic Rigging, and Optimizing assets.
- Collaborate with the Pipeline, VAD and Lighting team on creating characters, environments, vehicles, and props to be used in the Unreal Engine.
- Create high quality assets ranging from concept to final model and surfacing that are fully optimized to perform in a real time environment.
- Ingest assets that are internally created or from third parties into our projects.
- Active in creative research and development and communicates goals and objectives clearly.
- Utilize the latest advancements in Unreal Engine to expedite asset development process.
- Ensure that standardized practices are developed and implemented across projects to meet high quality and aesthetic standards.
- Technical ability to create project-based materials in engine.
- Critically think and solve technical challenges and limitations within DCC programs and Unreal Engine.
- Creating Control Rigs in DCC and Unreal Engine when requested.
- Generate documentation on processes used for content creation.
- Maintain consistency and quality on all meshes, textures, and shaders created for all types of assets.
- Creating custom parent materials, procedural materials, and functions.
- Address revisions in a timely manner with creative and technical solutions.
- 3+ years of experience with real-time content creation.
- Excellent eye for details and an artistic portfolio of work showcasing modeling and texturing expertise across a variety of types of models, for characters, vehicles, environments, and props.
- Proficient experience working in real-time productions using the Unreal Engine and has knowledge of tools within the Unreal engine for character creation, set dressing, Landscapes, PCGs, Splines.
- Practiced knowledge in DCC programs like Maya, 3ds Max, Zbrush, Houdini, Blender, etc.
- Experience with optimization processes for assets while keeping high fidelity details intact.
- Ability to work in a variety of art styles with or without conceptual reference, and is able to gather references and plan for look development.
- Strong artistic understanding of anatomy, proportions, scale, silhouette, lighting, composition, layout, color theory, atmosphere.
- Have the ability to communicate and take art direction notes and apply them effectively and efficiently both written and verbal.
- Experience working in a Volume, LED Stage, Mocap stage, and with Virtual Cameras.
- Experience photogrammetry and scanning.
- Experience with lighting, sequencer, camera, layout, fx, and animation in Unreal Engine.
- Experience with advanced rigging and control rigs within DCC and Unreal Engine.
- Strong aesthetic sense and keen eye for detail.
VisualCreatures is currently working hybrid (with our offices located in downtown Los Angeles next to AGBO), with select roles fully remote. California based preferred.
The job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent to this position.