VisualCreatures, an AGBO subsidiary, is an artist-focused full-service visualization company and creative R&D field lab specializing in end-to-end virtual production for film, television, advertising, and interactive productions. VisualCreatures partners with storytellers to deliver their vision through the efficient use of cutting-edge virtual and real-time production technology and innovative techniques. The company’s virtual production stage is serviced by a team of experts with decades of virtual production, visual effects, and engineering experience. Being a part of VisualCreatures, along with having firsthand collaboration with shaping the AGBO universe, means having the opportunity to be part of some of the most exciting and groundbreaking entertainment ventures.
The Unreal Environment Artist will help define overall quality and construct 3D environments to deliver consistent, high-quality environmental assets, and locations. The ideal candidate is a well organized artist with a strong, hands-on background.
This is an Expression of Interest role.
- Work closely with the Environment Lead to help define the look of our project as well as establish and document workflows and best practices.
- Create 3D assets, materials, and textures of the highest quality and maintain content throughout the entire development process.
- Collaborate with other Environment Artists to craft compelling spaces and support them through all phases of development.
- Breakdown environment tasks, create asset briefs and help support both studio and external artists.
- 3+ years of professional experience in computer-generated art for entertainment or games.
- Experience building environments from initial blackout to final polish/ship.
- A portfolio with examples of environment asset creation and/or world building.
- Ability to efficiently model, sculpt and texture both organic and hard surface assets to a high degree of quality.
- Have the experience to create assets for a range of art direction styles, from photo-realistic to stylized.
- Proficient knowledge of Maya (or similar 3D modeling software), Photoshop, Zbrush, and Substance Painter.
- Strong understanding of world building workflows, technical constraints and asset creation using Unreal Engine.
- A strong understanding of scene composition, scale/proportion and lighting.
- Excellent communication skills and enjoy collaborating with other team members and departments.
- A strong work ethic, are self-motivated, organized and work well with deadlines.
- Basic understanding of the Sequencer and Movie Render Queue.
- Experience procedural world building methods & techniques (PCG, Houdini or other).
- Experience with creating real time vegetation/foliage assets using SpeedTree (or similar software).
- Technical Art background, knowledge of advanced Unreal Engine material creation, blueprints, Python/MEL scripting and creating efficient environment/world building workflows & tools.
- Experience lighting environments in Unreal Engine.
- Environment concepting skills.
- Experience with live shoots on a motion capture stage or experience with LED Wall projects.
VisualCreatures is currently working hybrid (with our offices located in downtown Los Angeles next to AGBO), with select roles fully remote. California based preferred.
The job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent to this position.