VisualCreatures, an AGBO subsidiary, is an artist-focused full-service visualization company and creative R&D field lab specializing in end-to-end virtual production for film, television, advertising, and interactive productions. VisualCreatures partners with storytellers to deliver their vision through the efficient use of cutting-edge virtual and real-time production technology and innovative techniques. The company’s virtual production stage is serviced by a team of experts with decades of virtual production, visual effects, and engineering experience. Being a part of VisualCreatures, along with having firsthand collaboration with shaping the AGBO universe, means having the opportunity to be part of some of the most exciting and groundbreaking entertainment ventures.
The Animator is responsible for designing and creating the motion of computer graphics characters. This role will help lead the development of animation assets to support the execution of the overall production's creative vision.
This is an Expression of Interest role.
- Show exceptional understanding of facial animation, acting, appeal, entertainment, weight, locomotion, anatomy, and dialogue.
- Create high-quality, keyframe Character Animation.
- Develop the timing and pace of the movement of characters or objects during the sequence of images.
- Manage shot/sequence responsibilities within deadlines to ensure the client’s requirements and VC’s standard are met.
- Edit Motion Capture data to blend detailed character movement/facial with keyframe skills.
- Work with the Lead Animator and other team members to help evolve our tools and pipeline.
- Maintain the visual continuity, quality, and performance across characters as set by the Director and Leads.
- Work closely with technical animation and other stakeholders to develop and improve animation pipelines.
- Collaborate with the Director, Leads, and other artists on the team to create a cohesive vision for animation assignments.
- 5+ years of experience in feature-style projects or video game cinematics.
- At least 5 years of experience in Maya, MotionBuilder.
- Understanding of the animation pipeline and processes involved from concept to implementation.
- Strong posing and storytelling skills.
- Excellent understanding of facial animation, anatomy, and caricature.
- Strong Camera, Character Animation, and Motion Capture editing skills.
- Proficient in animating stylized character animation.
- Strong communication skills in client-facing situations, including but not limited to, email, database.
- Skills in one or more related disciplines - illustration, modeling, rigging, exploring new rigs, VFX, or technical art.
- Experience working with Motion Capture data and editing it.
- Experience with hand key facial animation and tools.
- Experience structuring & maintaining animation processes such as rigging, or prototyping.
- Character Performance experience.
- Effectively tell the story in a meaningful way through vivid and compelling character acting and movement.
- Plan shots with an understanding of story/character context.
- Develop a working knowledge of necessary production tools.
- Ability to solve technical issues independently and/ or knowledge of when to elevate them.
- Maintain an open and professional demeanor regarding direction, changes and shifting requirements.
- Strong communication skills - able to anticipate any delays to schedule and communicate those issues as soon as possible.
- Resume and portfolio reel demonstrating relevant animation skills required.
- Experience in projects that leverage Unreal for animation integration greatly desired.
VisualCreatures is currently working hybrid (with our offices located in downtown Los Angeles next to AGBO), with select roles fully remote. California based preferred.
The job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent to this position.